Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
Top Scholarships for Hispanic Students in 2022
Colleges are communities that aim to be representative of the broader population. The United States Hispanic population is one of the fastest growing demographics. In 2019 the Latino population grew to over 60 million people! This is one of the reasons that organizations and colleges offer scholarships for Hispanic and Latino students.
Below, you will be able to learn about the various financial aid opportunities and scholarships for Hispanics and Latinos.
Jump ahead to:
- Top scholarships for Hispanic Students in 2022
- Need-based financial aid for Latino students
- Summary of scholarships for Hispanic students
- Upcoming Scholarships
- Other scholarship lists to explore
These scholarships and resources for Hispanic students include a variety of opportunities for high school, college, community college, and graduate students. Keep on reading to learn more about the top scholarships for Hispanic students in 2022!
Top scholarships for Hispanic students in 2022
- Eligibility: Open to high school seniors with demonstrated financial need who want to travel for their first semester of college
- Amount: Up to $12,000 toward a Verto semester
- Deadline: May 1, 2022
- Eligibility: First-generation Latina students who are high school seniors or undergraduates interested in pursuing STEM
- Amount: $2,500
- Deadline: March 31, 2022
- Eligibility: Hispanic high school seniors or current undergraduate students
- Amount: $750
- Deadline: April 16, 2022
- Eligibility: Open to high school, college, and graduate students of Hispanic descent
- Amount: $500 to $5,000
- Deadline: February 15, 2022
- Eligibility: Students who identify as Asian, Black, African American, Hispanic, Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander or another ethnic minority who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting.
- Amount: $3,000 to $5,000
- Deadline: March 1, 2022
- Eligibility: First-year Hispanic/Latino, Native American, or women MBA students pursuing a 2022 Summer Associate position at Goldman Sachs
- Amount: Fellowship recipients receive a $35,000 award in addition to the Summer Associate salary. Upon successful completion of the summer internship and acceptance of a full-time offer, Fellowship recipients will be awarded an additional $40,000, plus any full-time Associate signing bonus
- Deadline: March 28, 2022
- Eligibility: Three scholarship programs within the LNSF that supports Latino high school students. Each scholarship has separate criteria as far as GPA and test scores.
- Amount: Up to $2,000
- Deadline: March 31, 2022
- Eligibility: College freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate students majoring in travel and tourism industry. Applicants must demonstrate diversity (varying cultures, socioeconomic backgrounds, nationality, minorities, age, race, or ethnicity) to evaluators
- Amount: $5,000
- Deadline: April 2, 2022
- Eligibility: To be eligible students must be planning a STEM focus at a 2-year college, 4-year college, master’s program or doctoral program.
- Amount: Varies
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
- Eligibility: Latino or Hispanic undergraduates majoring in STEM
- Amount: $30,000 (100 scholarships are awarded!)
- Deadline: May 18, 2022
- Eligibility: Open to college students of Hispanic descent with financial need who are attending one of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- Amount: Varies
- Deadline: Varies
Frequently asked questions about scholarships for Hispanic students
How much does the Hispanic Scholarship Fund give?
Awards from the Hispanic Scholarship Fund vary by student, but vary between $500 and $5,000 per semester. This comes on top of additional resources provided to recipients, including networking, study resources, and other advantages. The HSF chooses recipients based on merit and Hispanic heritage. However, once they select you, they determine your award amount based on your financial need.
This is one of the best opportunities out there for scholarships for Hispanic students. They award about 10,000 awards per year, which gives you many chances to get an award. Remember, it’s never too early to look at the application! Make sure to check out their website and start working on it as soon as possible.
Are there scholarships for Latino or Hispanic students in STEM?
There are many scholarships for Latino or Hispanic students in STEM! One great one is the Latinos in Technology scholarship. You should also check out SHPE Foundation scholarships and the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers scholarships. It’s also worth reaching out to the schools you apply to in order to see if they have scholarships specifically for Hispanic students or for STEM majors.
Remember that many STEM scholarships, although not specifically for Latino or Hispanic students, prioritize diversity and might grant Hispanic or Latino students priority. Furthermore, institutional grants such as the STEM scholarships at Kenyon College often prioritize minority students in order to incentivize them to come to their school. It’s common that schools have initiatives to improve their diversity, which makes many of their opportunities easier to obtain for Latino and Hispanic students.
Are there scholarships for Hispanic or Latino women?
There are! In addition to all of the scholarships on this list, which are for Hispanic and Latino students of any gender, there are some set aside specifically for women. One example is the Illustrating Awesomeness scholarship, which is only for women of color.
Remember that as you search, you can try a variety of categories. That includes scholarships for women, scholarships for minorities, local scholarships, and scholarships specific to your interests. To maximize your potential earnings from scholarships, make sure to apply to scholarships from each of these facets.
How to find scholarships for Hispanic students?
We may be biased, but we think that this list is a great place to start! From there, we suggest that you try our free customized scholarship search tool. It’ll automatically match you with thousands of vetted, custom-matched scholarships. These will auto update as new opportunities open and deadlines pass.
It’s also a good idea to reach out to schools you’re applying to, ask your high school guidance counselor for resources, and to check with any community organizations that might offer scholarships. Happy searching!
Summary of scholarships for Hispanic students
- Verto Opportunity Grant
- $2,500 Latinas in STEM Scholarship
- $750 Hispanic Empowerment No-Essay Scholarship
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship
- AICPA Scholarship Award for Minority Accounting Students
- Goldman Sachs MBA Fellowship
- LULAC National Scholarship Fund (LNSF)
- ABA Diversity Scholarship
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Scholarships
- Latinos in Technology Scholarship
- HACU Scholarship Program
Upcoming Latino scholarships
- Eligibility: Full-time undergraduate or graduate students of Latino descent
- Amount: $5,000
- Opens: April 2022
- Eligibility: High school seniors of African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American who are Pell-eligible
- Amount: Full funding of all costs not covered by financial aid and family contribution
- Eligibility: Open to all high school seniors and college students who excel in technology. Historically underrepresented groups, such as Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander students are especially encouraged to apply
- Amount: $5,000 to $10,000
- Eligibility: Scholarships are open to full-time medical, nursing, dental, public health, and pharmacy and health policy students with outstanding academic records, leadership, and who are committed to serving Hispanics
- Amount: Varies
- Eligibility: Open to high school seniors from minority backgrounds
- Amount: Up to $30,000 over 4 years
- Eligibility: Students enrolled (with one full year completed) in a master’s or bachelor’s program with a minimum 2.8 GPA
- Amount: $500 to $1,000
- Opens: September 1, 2022
- Eligibility: High-achieving community-minded Hispanic high school seniors
- Amount: $100,000
- Eligibility: Students of Hispanic/Latino heritage planning to enroll in a postgraduate (Master’s or PhD) or undergraduate program in an accredited university business school (in the United States or Puerto Rico). Must also have a Prospanica membership (cost: $15.00)
- Amount: $2,000 to $5,000
- Opens: March 1, 2022