Student-centric advice and objective recommendations
Higher education has never been more confusing or expensive. Our goal is to help you navigate the very big decisions related to higher ed with objective information and expert advice. Each piece of content on the site is original, based on extensive research, and reviewed by multiple editors, including a subject matter expert. This ensures that all of our content is up-to-date, useful, accurate, and thorough.
Our reviews and recommendations are based on extensive research, testing, and feedback. We may receive commission from links on our website, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. You can find a complete list of our partners here.
Top Psychology Scholarships in 2022
Psychology is one of the most popular college majors. According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are over 110,000 psychology degrees conferred each year. Students who major in psychology can go on into a variety of fields including counseling, teaching, business, and social work. If you are a current psychology major or simply thinking about it as a major, you will want to apply for psychology scholarships to pay for your education.
Jump ahead to:
- Top Psychology Scholarships
- Frequently asked questions about psychology scholarships
- Summary of Psychology Scholarships
- Upcoming scholarships
- Other scholarship lists to explore
Keep on reading to learn more about top psychology scholarships, including eligibility, award amount, and deadlines!
Top Psychology Scholarships
- Eligibility: Psychology majors at every level of study
- Amount: $500
- Deadline: April 16, 2022
- Eligibility: First-year students in APA designated programs in psychopharmacology
- Amount: $5,000
- Deadline: March 1, 2022
- Eligibility: Psychologists and college students studying psychology
- Amount: $1,500
- Deadline: June 1, 2022
- Eligibility: Graduate students in psychology
- Amount: $2,000 to $5,000
- Deadline: June 30, 2022
- Eligibility: Psychology undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need
- Amount: $5,000 (six scholarships awarded!)
- Deadline: July 2, 2022
- Eligibility: Current high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate students who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States. This scholarship is open to students pursuing careers in health, wellness, or fitness.
- Amount: $1,500
- Deadline: August 1, 2022
- Eligibility: Full time or part time minority students who are enrolled in a school psychology program that is NASP-approved. Students must also be NASP members.
- Amount: $5,000
- Deadline: October 29, 2022
- Eligibility: Graduate students majoring in psychology (20+ different scholarships available)
- Amount: $1,000 to $20,000
- Deadline: Varies
Frequently asked questions about psychology scholarships
Can I use psychology scholarships to study psychiatry?
The answer to this question depends on the scholarship — though these fields share some key similarities, they involve different courses of study. Though some scholarships will allow students of both disciplines, you should check the terms and conditions of the opportunity thoroughly before applying. If you are still unsure, you can reach out to the scholarship provider.
Are psychology scholarships available for high school students?
Yes! Many of these opportunities allow applicants who are in high school. These opportunities typically require less firm of a commitment to the field of psychology. It’s often enough for a high school student to show interest in studying psychology. However, once you enter college, most psychology scholarships will require that you have declared a psychology major or minor.
Summary of psychology scholarships
- $500 Psychology Matters No-Essay Scholarship
- APF Walter Katkovsky Scholarships
- John Santos Distinguished Program Development in Clinical Gerontology Award
- APF Graduate Student Scholarships
- Sharon Stephens Brehm Undergraduate Psychology Scholarships
- Michael Moody Fitness Scholarship
- NASP-ERT Minority Scholarship Program
- American Psychological Foundation Scholarships and Grants
Upcoming psychology scholarships
- Eligibility: Minority graduate students who are interested in serving underserved communities
- Amount: $4,000
- Eligibility: Students who aim to attend a graduate school program where they will work directly with children (this can include psychology, social work, education, etc.)
- Amount: Varies
- Opens: September 1 , 2022